Enjoy the goodness of a classic Tuna Salad with a twist! This recipe combines the richness of albacore tuna with the zesty flavors of capers, onions, and kalamata olives. The addition of flax seed oil not only makes it a healthier option but also adds a delightful nutty undertone. Whether you prefer it on a bed of fresh spinach and tomatoes or as a mouthwatering Tuna melt, this dish is a versatile delight for any mealtime. Plus, it's incredibly easy to prepare and can be made ahead, making it perfect for busy days or a quick, satisfying meal. Dive into a world of flavor with this Tuna Salad!
- 2 cans 5 oz. solid white albacore tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives – chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 61
- Total Fat: 4.6g (7% Daily Value)
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g (3% Daily Value)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 186mg (7% Daily Value)
- Total Carbohydrate: 1.3g (0% Daily Value)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4g (1% Daily Value)
- Sugars: 0.26g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Combine all the ingredients except the tuna in a bowl.
- Gently fold in the tuna, trying to maintain some large chunks.
- Serve over a bed of spinach and tomatoes or place a scoop atop an English muffin with a slice of tomato and a tablespoon of shredded cheddar and broil in the oven to make a Tuna melt.
- This can easily be made a day ahead.
- Adding flax seed oil gives an extra Omega-3 punch to this dish and has a mild nutty flavor.