CURRY CHICKEN SALAD
Are you in the mood for a salad that's not only bursting with flavors but also incredibly nutritious? Look no further than this Exotic Curry Chicken Salad. It's a symphony of textures and tastes, blending tender chicken, crunchy celery, sweet grapes, crisp apples, and earthy pecans, all tied together with a delightful curry-infused dressing.
- 5 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup shallot, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup apple, cut into 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons flax seeds
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 551
- Total Fat: 22.5g (34% DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g (14% DV)
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 179mg (7% DV)
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g (9% DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3g (17% DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 60g
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and curry powder. Set this delightful dressing aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, celery, shallot, red grapes, apple, golden raisins, pecans, and flax seeds.
Pour the prepared yogurt mixture over the salad ingredients and gently toss until everything is coated in the creamy curry dressing.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve this exotic salad as a main dish or side, and relish the fusion of flavors and textures with each bite.
- For a convenient and flavorful twist, use a rotisserie chicken. Simply let it cool in the refrigerator, then remove the meat for this salad. You can also use skinless, boneless chicken breast.
- This salad is a meal prep champion, lasting in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days. It's often even better the day after making it, as the flavors meld together, creating a truly delectable experience. Enjoy this exotic creation!